Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The Twilight Zone

WHO is Doogie Archuletta sleeping with? Seriously. He is 17 and sings songs that a 60 year old crooner in an Atlantic City dive would sing. He says "Love Me Tender" is a fun song? Sappy, sure. Sentimental, sure. Fun, um, no. If that is your idea of fun at 17, it's gonna be along life for ya buddy. And he does the same take on every song...sappy, heartbrachey, with the hand on his stomach like he is dying or out in front of him like he is just begging for mercy. At one point last night he was all bent over and I was sure he was desperately trying not to wet himself. He has gotten so boring and predictable and yet, every week, ALL THREE judges tell him he is the best...the one to beat...blah, blah, blah. I want to VOMIT!! He must be sleeping with one or all of them and they're blinded by love and his sexual prowess.
My brother's take on Doogie yesterday (pre-show) had me doubled over in fits of hysteria while my two small children ran fleeing to another room. I quote:

I just don’t get it. I want to dress him up in lederhosen and put him in the Bierhaus at Busch gardens. Also, his father looks like a Paul Simon stunt double in a fat suit and weird berets and chapeaus. All of it annoys me.


I feel really sorry for him (Doogie, not my brother)...he looks miserable.
At this point, Jason is a nightmare. David Cook is still really good, though whe he announced he wsa singing "Hungry Like the Wolf" I was pretty sure he was just too young to know who Duran Duran is. I was a huge Duran Duran fan back when I was a tween (and tweens didn't even exist yet in the form of tweens) and I am a huge David Cook fan, but the two didn't really jive for me. Kinda like a peanut butter and horseradish sandwich. Doogie has completely plateaued, and Syesha, who I though should have been eliminated weeks ago, now gets Most Improved. I actually voted for her last night, and I have NEVER voted before.

Just my take.

No comments: