Thursday, October 23, 2008

Busted

I really feel crappy that I'm not updating my blog regularly. I have things happening all the time that I KNOW would be great blogging material, but it seems I am so terrified of getting sucked into my blog and spending an hour typing, when what I can really spare is fifteen minutes. Could it be that I continue to do WAY TOO MANY THINGS???? And I can't stop doing more?? Sigh.

But this happened yesterday and I just had to share it. After a panicked call to Benny at 4 pm begging him to come home a half hour early so I wouldn't kill Helen, who had spent the previous 2 hours screaming at the top of her lungs in the bathroom (long story), things calmed down, so that by the time Benny walked in the door, the situation at home was fairly normal. Oops. Sorry to make you use up your personal time. But really. Her life was in danger. Anyway, so there Benny is in the kitchen; little Ruthie is sitting at the table coloring. And without looking up, without missing a stroke of the crayon, she pipes up "Hey, Daddy, you're an a**hole." After righting myself from nearly falling off the chair I was sitting in, and recovering from the choking that ensued after I nearly swallowed my own tongue, I called her over to whisper in her ear that Mommy sometimes says bad words and Ruthie shouldn't use those words. Then Benny says "Where did you hear that?" and sweet little Ruthie turns around to face me, points her finger, undeniably, right at me, and grins from ear to ear.

2 comments:

Beth said...

LOL, LOL, LOL

Thanks for making me laugh!

xmas said...

Oh my God! That's hilarious. Don't you hate when they come home just when the kids have settled down. Zach never believes me. "I think you make her cry and then put her up to the phone just to get me to come home sooner," he says...