Thursday, July 23, 2009

Bonjour!

Well, here I am in Paris. I am not out soaking in the sights, sounds and smells of Paris at the moment because my sister and I are here in this apartment waiting for someone from the Parisian utility service to comeread the meter. I kid you not. It's like being home kinda, except the only person I can understand is my sister. I feel like I suffer from the mostt major of cognitive deficits. And I'm afraid to talk to anyone in French for fear I'll say the wrong thng, so I've been whispering things like "silvous plait and "bonjour." Cuz really, I don't know too much more than that. I did pipe up with a hearty "merci!" when we were handed the bag from the patisserie that contained our deicious pate sandwich. mmmmm. A lttle baguette with pate, lettuce and some tiny pickles. Heaven. And this delicious sweet bread sprinkled wth sea salt. mmmm again Sis is only giving the meter guy another 15 minutes and then we're taking off. In the rain...again...just like home. Except for the Eiffel Tower and all the French. Au revoir!

No comments: